Thread: Unable to remove Vista antispyware 2010

Unable to remove Vista antispyware 2010

Hello friends,
    I have a fake application on my computer which is called "Vista Antispyware 2010". This application is giving me problems like fake security center, fake Internet Explorer redirects, and also even with the FireFox which i am using and has serious trouble opening with, and also it is preventing Avast Antivirus which is on my computer for opening. I don't know what to do i have tried all the possible thing to remove it. Please help me to get rid from this fake security tool.

Re: Unable to remove Vista antispyware 2010

I think you need to update your antivirus which you are using it currently on your computer i.e Avast antivirus. After updating allow the antivirus to boot scan which will help you to remove all the related files and the viruses which are related to this fake Vista antspware security program. So if you want then you can visit the official website of this antivirus and then you can get all the information on the removal and the updates for your current Antivirus.

To remove VistaAntispyware2010 tool you need to follow all the steps:

1. Click on Start and then Run, in the box type "command" and Press Enter or click OK.
    2. In that type "notepad" and then press Enter. Notepad will open.
    3. Just copy and paste all the data in the notepad which is given below:

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareClasses.exe]
    [-HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareClassessecfile]
    [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTsecfile]
    [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.exeshellopencommand]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTexefileshellopencommand]
    @=""%1" %*"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.exe]
    @="exefile"
    "Content Type"="application/x-msdownload"

4. After that save the file as "exefix.reg" on your desktop.
    5. Then Double click to open the exefix.reg and then click on "Yes" for the Registry Editor prompt window.
    6. After that download the Spyware Doctor or other removal tool. Update the tool and then run a full system scan.

You can also try to remove all the registry entries which is related to this security tool from the computer.

You need to delete all the registry entries which is listed below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareClasses.exeshellopencommand "(Default)" = "%UserProfile%Local SettingsApplication Dataav.exe" /START "%1" %*
    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareClassessecfileshellopencommand "(Default)" = "%UserProfile%Local SettingsApplication Dataav.exe" /START "%1" %*
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.exeshellopencommand "(Default)" = "%UserProfile%Local SettingsApplication Dataav.exe" /START "%1" %*
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTsecfileshellopencommand "(Default)" = "%UserProfile%Local SettingsApplication Dataav.exe" /START "%1" %*
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClientsStartMenuInternetFIREFOX.EXEshellopencommand "(Default)" = "%UserProfile%Local SettingsApplication Dataav.exe" /START "C: Program FilesMozilla Firefoxfirefox.exe"
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClientsStartMenuInternetFIREFOX.EXEshellsafemodecommand "(Default)" = "%UserProfile%Local SettingsApplication Dataav.exe" /START "C: Program FilesMozilla Firefoxfirefox.exe" -safe-mode
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClientsStartMenuInternetIEXPLORE.EXEshellopencommand "(Default)" = "%UserProfile%Local SettingsApplication Dataav.exe" /START "C: Program FilesInternet Exploreriexplore.exe"
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftSecurity Center "AntiVirusOverride" = "1"
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftSecurity Center "FirewallOverride" = "1"

Also you need to delete the file related to it.

%UserProfile%AppDataLocalav.exe %UserProfile%AppDataLocalWRblt8464P

If you are unable to do any thing then you can also go in the safe mode of your computer and from there you can remove all the files and data related to this fake security tool. I guess this is a spyware, so to remove this you need the best antspyware tool which can help you to remove all the files and virus from the computer. This is the best way by which you can get rid from the virus which has been infecting your computer.

You can also use "ComboFix" which is a great program that can scan your computer for removing all the virus infections from the computer including malware, spyware, trojan etc.. and when it founds, attempts to clean these infections automatically from the computer. It can be able to remove all the large amount of the most common and current malware and other malacious files. It also displays the report that can be used by the trained helpers to remove the malware which is not automatically removed by the program.