Thread: How to remove Vista security 2010

How to remove Vista security 2010

From the past three and four days the Windows Vista Internet Security 2010 tool is giving me popups several times during the day notifying me of a several different malware, trojan, virus, keylogger etc.. I have seen that there are several programs running in the task manager that have user name or the description, and when I try to see the properties, i can see the only option that is allowed is "Perform Administrative Tasks". And whenever i try to end task all of them than i receive an error saying that "The operation could not be completed. Access is denied".
    The programs runs are:
    csrss.exe
    jusched.exe
    rundll32.exe
    winlogon.exe

Please help me to solve this problem.
    Last edited by Hajra; 02-04-2010 at 10:10 AM.

Re: How to remove Vista security 2010

As you have stated that the programs which are running in the task manager are:
    csrss.exe
    jusched.exe
    rundll32.exe
    winlogon.exe
    Which i think and i know that these are all normal Windows services, other than the jusched.exe, which is reffered to a Java Update. I think you need to try to correlate your popups by accessing the website pages; if you can see that there are a lot of bogus warnings that try to induce the user to download a fix which is a real virus.

The "Internet Security 2010" which you have stated is a rogue anti-spyware program which is installed in the computer through the use of the malware. After it is installed in the computer, it will be configured to start automatically whenever you login to the Windows. After that it will scan your computer and then display the numerous infections, but will not remove anything until you purchase this security program. These infections which you get are all fake and they are only being shown to trick you that you are infected and you need purchase the program to remove them. It is recommended that you do not purchase this program as it is fake.

To remove this fake security tool from the computer you need to download "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" which is a great tool which can remove all the realted files and the tool from the computer and also it will prevent from the virus infection which your computer can be harmed by the fake security popups. It is important that you have to remove it with the help of the tool which is mentioned above.

You can also remove it manually with the help of the files related to the security tool. I have specified all the related files which can be deleted from the computer to remove it completely.

Files associated to Internet Security 2010

c:\s
    c:\Program Files\InternetSecurity2010
    c:\Program Files\InternetSecurity2010\IS2010.exe
    c:\WINDOWS\system32\41.exe
    c:\WINDOWS\system32\winhelper86.dll
    c:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon86.exe
    c:\WINDOWS\system32\winupdate86.exe
    %UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Internet Security 2010.lnk
    %UserProfile%\Desktop\Internet Security 2010.lnk
    %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Internet Security 2010.lnk

Registry files associated to Internet Security 2010

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IS2010
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "Internet Security 2010"
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "winupdate86.exe"

Try to find them and delete.