Thread: Orange light wireless issues in HP/Compaq laptop

Orange light wireless issues in HP/Compaq laptop

I am facing a weird issue with HP DV6 and Compaq v6000 laptop which I am using. Both the laptops are installed with Windows xp operating system and access Internet through a Wireless router. The Internet was working properly for these days but now both the laptops are not able to access the internet using Wireless router. Whenever I try to connect to the router, the orange light on the laptop blinks. I cannot figure out if the problem is with the laptop or the router and hence need your help in solving the issue. So if anybody can tell me how to solve Orange light Wireless issues in HP/Compaq laptop then please share some information. Thanks in advance.

Re: Orange light wireless issues in HP/Compaq laptop

Most of the laptops face the problem with the residual charge storage. Residual charge gets stored near the RAM chips of the laptop. If the voltage of the residual charge reaches threshold then the system will not be able to access the memory and hence will give some problems while working. To bring the laptop back to the working state, you will have to clear the residual charge which is stored on the laptop. To clear the residual charge, shut down the laptop and disconnect it from the AC source. Remove the battery and then press the power button of the laptop for about 30 seconds. Replace the battery and see if the problem still persists or not.

Before doing any troubleshooting, check the configuration of the router. Sometimes the configuration of the router changes when any device is added or removed from the network. If the configuration of the router changes then the devices wont be able to connect to the router. To check the configuration of the router, login to the router using default IP address of the router. Open the configuration page of the router. Get the correct settings for the router from the ISP and check if the router is configured properly. Make necessary changes if any and then save the configuration of the router. Reboot the router and check if you are able to connect to the router or not.

Establishing and maintaining the connection to the network is the prime function of the Network interface card. If the Network interface card of the computer is not working properly, then the computer wont be able to access the network. All the NIC's have a software interface programmed which can be used to test the NIC. To test the NIC, ping 127.0.0.1 from the RUN tab and check for the errors in the data sent and received. Ideally there should be no errors while sending and receiving data. If there are any errors while sending or receiving data, then the NIC is faulty and needs to be replaced. After replacing the NIC, you will not face the same error.

The Wifi card of the computer is placed on the motherboard of the laptop, hence if the motherboard of the laptop is faulty and not working properly, then the laptop will not be able to access the router. Therefore I would suggest you to get the motherboard of the laptop checked by some technician. If the motherboard is faulty then you will have to replace the motherboard of the laptop. Replacing the motherboard of the laptop will solve the problem.

I was also facing the same issue with HP DV9000 laptop which I was using. While connecting to any wireless network, the orange light on the laptop used to glow and the laptop would not connect to the network. I tried to find the reason for the problem and found out that there is some moisture issue with the Wifi card. To solve the issue, I downloaded the Everest application which can stress the CPU of the computer. Install the application and run it while blocking the air vent of the laptop. Wait till the CPU temperature reaches 75 degrees. Now the orange light should turn into Blue. This procedure solved my problem and I hope it solves for you too.