Thread: Remove Microsoft Security Essentials 2010

Remove Microsoft Security Essentials 2010

I am using a dell inspiron deskttop installed with windows 7. I have recently installed the Microsoft Security Essentials 2010 on my system to help protect my system and now i found that this application is not good enough to delete some viruses and hence i need to remove it. As i tried to remove this it resulted in to an error message please tell me how to Remove Microsoft Security Essentials 2010

Re: Remove Microsoft Security Essentials 2010

Login as the administrator go to start menu and click click control panel and find Add/remove programs click it. A new window will open which will create open a list of programs that are currently installed on the system find out the Microsoft security essential click it once now you will see a button named remove. Click the button and the application will be removed.

Try the steps which i have mentioned in order to remove the Microsoft security essential.
    1. Go to my computer and open the C Directory.
    2. Open the folder need as Program files in this folder you will find another folder named as Microsoft Security Essential.
    3. Open the Microsoft Security Essential folder here you will get the uninstall.exe
    4. Double click it this will start the uninstallattion wizard and the application will be removed from the system.

First of all i would like to thanks you all for replying me but with the steps which you both specified have not really helped me at all when i tried to remove this application from the control panel it gave me an error message and the Uninstallation abandoned after some progress. Even i tried to remove it by running the Uninstallation.exe file from the c Directory it again yielded the same error.

So if you are not able to remove Microsoft Security Essentials 2010 from your system normally then i would suggest you to remove it by booting he system in the safe mode. If you cannot remove it using the safe mode then try to install the windows uninstaller utility or the Revo uninstaller utility on your system and use them to remove the Microsoft Security Essentials 2010.

Restart the system and hit the F8 Key this will start the computer in the safe mode but in this case you need to download and application hence try to boot it with the help of safe mode with networking. Download the Revo Uninstaller Install it now use this application to remove Microsoft Security Essential from your system.