Thread: How to remove Trojan.Agent/Gen-Clicker

How to remove Trojan.Agent/Gen-Clicker

Hello friends,

I am using Windows XP as my operating system and everything was working fine, but today when i started my system for checking out emails i got a pop up message which stated that my system is begin infected with Trojan.Agent/Gen-Clicker and it was able to remove it, but once i reboot my system the same message comes back again.

Remove Trojan.Agent/Gen-Clicker

Basically the Trojan.Agent/Gen-Clicker looks like a legitimate purpose but the real work of it is to harmful effect and at the same time it also download other harmful software components to a user's PC without his/her knowledge. This application is likely to install other application without the knowledge of the user and it may be used by hacker too.

Remove Trojan.Agent/Gen-Clicker

If your system is being infected with Trojan.Agent/Gen-Clicker, then i would suggest you to install AVG anti virus on your system which is capable of removing Trojan.Agent/Gen-Clicker from your system and at the same time it will also protect your system from other spyware, malware, worms, root kit etc.

Download AVG Antivirus

Thank you virusguru for providing me information about Trojan.Agent/Gen-Clicker and at the same time i had also install AVG anti virus but that was also not able to remove this Trojan Horse from my system, does anyone know how to get rigid of this Trojan Horse. Any suggest would be highly appreciated.

I am having Dell laptop with me and my system had also got infected with Trojan.Agent/Gen-Clicker and i had try out many solution which where there on internet but none of them worked out for me, at last i had to format my laptop and install a fresh copy of Windows Vista and install AVG anti virus to avoid further infection from virus.

Re: How to remove Trojan.Agent/Gen-Clicker

I have had several students come to me with their portables infected with this "Gen-Clicker" I have attempted to get it off their computers but with no luck, I would delete the infected file, scan the system memory, I have even checked the hard memory in the video and I/O ports, but the one that has infected these computers seems to be able to hide somewhere someway so it can re-infest the computer after a cold boot.
    I have even tried to take the hard drives out of a few of the computers and take off all the places I can find the infection and still it re-infects the computer.
    Does anyone know where this nasty little bugger hides or just how to remove it so I can figure out how the dam thing works for future reference. either post it here or send the solution to me in an email
    Thanks for anyone's help on this on, it seems to be a really well written bug because it is the first i haven't been able to figure out in the last 15 years.
    Thanks again for any help

Prof. Buck

Re: How to remove Trojan.Agent/Gen-Clicker

Trojan.Agent/Gen-Clicker is known to be created as:
    %System%\cinmon.exe
    %System%\click.exe
    %System%\cofmon.exe
    %System%\cvshost.exe
    %System%\fessery.sys
    %System%\ixplurer.exe
    %System%\pjxtaauavmx.dll

Note: %System% is a variable that refers to the System folder. By default, this is C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me), C:\Winnt\System32 (Windows NT/2000), or C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP).