Thread: Need some information on crytography

Need some information on crytography

Hi,
    What are the different cryptography techniques that are used widely on internet. this is basically for sharing document on the internet. the only i am aware of the is encrypting the document so that no on can access it easily. what are the different option available online for protection various documents online. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need some information on crytography

Cryptography is a science to convert the information in plain in coded information, that is not understandable, then, from this encoded information, to restore the original information. Symmetric cryptography and asymmetric cryptography. The main drawback of this system is to share this unique key between different people: How do I send to everyone and safely this unique key that allows you to encrypt and decrypt

In this type of cryptography, each user has two keys whcih are a private key must be kept secret and a public key is available to all other users. These two keys are mathematically related. In practice, the public key used to encrypt messages, and the private key used to decrypt them. Once the message is encrypted, only the recipient is able to decrypt. The utility PGP works this way.

Good cryptography is to offer a guarantee of integrity. It should not be possible to modify the encrypted information in a totally transparent. A process of verifying the integrity of the message (encrypted and unencrypted) must be established. This process is directed by a hash function. The result of a hash is a kind of digest of the original message.

One aspect not to overlook when one wishes to secure transactions is the authentication of correspondents: The person to whom I send an encrypted message is she the one to whom I think? The person who sends me an encrypted message is she the one to whom I think. The principle of authentication implements a prover (who claims to be, who identified himself) and a verifier (the service provider) the verifier makes a challenge to the prover that he must achieve. This implies that prior prover and verifier have
    agreed on a shared secret.

You might have heard about digital signature. It is a unique electronic code that can sign a coded message. This signature identifies the origin of the message. It has the same function as a signature by hand. This is the private key that can sign, and the public key to verify the signature.The digital certificate It is an electronic document that maps a key with an entity. This match is validated by a CA (Certificate Authority: CA). These certificates are used to identify an entity.