Thread: The defrag program is not working after Avast installation

The defrag program is not working after Avast installation

My computer is running Windows 7 Ultimate operating system. I have recently done a clean install of this particular operating system. I am using a defrag program called TuneUP Utilities in my system, as it helps to keep the system optimized. Now, I have installed Avast antivirus in my system. The issue that I am facing now is that the defrag program is not working after Avast installation. Actually, I had got a message saying that there was some threat in the program because of which some file had been deleted automatically. The application is not working now and I need some help from you guys to start it again.

Install the defrag program again

There is no need to worry if the defrag program is not working after Avast installation. It is suggested that you must install the defrag program again to solve the issue. When the software was installed in the system, some threat might have corrupted it. After the Avast antivirus was installed in your system, that particular threat was detected and deleted by the antivirus. So, when you install the program newly, it will be free from infections.

There must be a conflict between the antivirus and the defrag program

According to me, there must be a conflict between the antivirus and the defrag program. This is the reason why the defrag program is not working after Avast installation. This is ultimately happening because the operating system is affecting in a way to both the antivirus as well as the defrag program. Before installing any of the softwares, I suggest you to check their compatibility with the Windows 7 operating system.

Change the antivirus software

Hello there, I think that you need to change the antivirus software inorder to get rid of the problem that the defrag program is not working after Avast installation. It seems that the optimizing software and the antivirus is having some problems. I am using this same defrag program along with the AVG antivirus and I can use both of them without any of the issues that you are facing.

Re: The defrag program is not working after Avast installation

Thanks for helping till now for the problem that the defrag program is not working after Avast installation. Actually, I had installed the Avast antivirus because the boot scanning feature that it provided was very useful. The AVG antivirus does not come with this feature. It will be very helpful if anyone can suggest me some other antivirus, that has the feature of boot scanning. I am waiting for suitable replies.

The Quick Heal antivirus

You can switch to the latest version of the Quick Heal antivirus, without any second thought, if the defrag program is not working after Avast installation. This antivirus also provides the boot scanning feature. Actually, it is much better than the Avast antivirus and I can assure you this because I have used both these antivirus. If you cannot get the latest version of this antivirus, then you will have incompatibility issues between the antivirus and the Windows 7 operating system.