Thread: AVG Free Extraction Failed File is corrupt error

AVG Free Extraction Failed File is corrupt error

I am using a custom made desktop installed with windows 7. Recently i downloaded the AVG free antivirus from a website in order to install it on my system so that my system becomes secure enough. But as soon as i clicked the setupfile it resulted in to an error which sates that AVG Free Extraction Failed File is corrupt. How to go about this problem.

Re: AVG Free Extraction Failed File is corrupt error

This error occurred in your system because you have not downloaded the AVG Free antivirus from a reliable location and hence i would advices you to download it from a good or a reliable resources where you get a proper file and hence i would recommend you to download it from the link which i had given AVG Free Antivirus

The main reason behind this error is that you are trying to install the antivirus application with the help of a corrupted setup file so i would recommend you to download the AVG Free antivirus from some official sources since the files from the official sources are trustworthy and you do not have to bother about the same very much.

It appears as you have another antivirus program installed on your machine and hence first of all you should remove the antivirus program from your system because a large number of viruses cannot be installed with another virus. So after removing the virus that is installed previously you can install AVG Free antivirus.

Sometime if your system is infected with some virus or trojan it will not allow you to install a new antvirus. Hence i suggest you that try to install it in the safe mode. Reboot your machine once and then hit the F8 Key. The F8 key will allow you to enter the Safe mode. Now select Safemode with Networking and install the AVG Antivirus.

Here what i would recommend you is that you should check whether the program is installed partially or not if you find any trace of the AVG file then try to remove it first because this partially installed copy will not allow the AVG antivirus on your system. I hope that this will definitely resolve your problem.