Thread: How to remove Trojan Horse Generic 17.IIU

How to remove Trojan Horse Generic 17.IIU

My Norton antivirus is detecting this trojan that is called "Trojan horse Generic17.IIU" and I don't know how to remove this virus completely from the computer. The antivirus which i am using is able to detect it but it cannot delete it. Whenever i restart my computer a security warning comes up and it says that my computer is affected by this virus. Can anyone tell me any other way to remove this virus from my pc? Thank you

Re: How to remove Trojan Horse Generic 17.IIU

Download a tool called TDSSKiller.zip by searchin it on the net and save it to your desktop. After extracting it, run TDSSKiller.exe. Now click on the change parameters and tick mark a box for Detect TDLFS file system and then click on Start scan. Once the scanning is over then this program will list out the detected objects with description. It will also automatically choose an action, Cure or Delete, for the virus file. Here you have to choose any action to apply to this virus file and click on Continue. You pc might restart after this and then click on Report and post the contents of the text file which will open in your next reply.

Re: How to remove Trojan Horse Generic 17.IIU

You can also download another tool called "Superantispyware" and "Antimalwarebytes" on your computer which can help you to remove the virus from your computer. Just download it from the official website for free and then install it in your computer, during installation if it asks for the update then it is important to update it and then scan your computer to remove the virus file from your computer. You can also use these programs with any other antivirus software.

Try to perform a System Restore to a time back when the problem was not there. Follow the below steps to do that:
    1. Open System Restore by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    2. Follow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point and restore your computer.

More information is given here - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/w...system-restore