Thread: How to disable Spybot's TeaTimer?

How to disable Spybot's TeaTimer?

Hi friends,
    I have installed the Spybot's TeaTimer on my system. It turns 24/24 which is normal. Once I get the pop-up about an authorization the amendment of my screen saver. After clicking on the hold this answer, I realized that I should have remove this action from the blacklist of tea timer. Now I want to know about disabling it. I have tried lot of things but all that didn't worked. So please tell me how to disable Spybot's TeaTimer? Help me as early as possible.!!
    The Gaming Machine:
    Processor: Core 2 Duo E6400
    Motherboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
    RAM: 2GB XMS2 Corsair PC2-6400
    Video: ATI Radeon X1900XT 512MB w/ Arctic Accellero
    Drive: 74GB "WD Raptor" 10000RPM
    Sound: Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi
    Watercooling: *Soon* Zalman Reserator

Re: How to disable Spybot's TeaTimer?

For disabling the Spybot's TeaTimer, follow the steps mentioned below :
    1. First run the Spybot and then click the option 'Mode' which will be in top menu.
    2. Then select the Advanced Mode.
    3. After that expand the Tools Selection in the left pane. You can do this by clicking on it.
    4. Then click in the left pane Resident.
    5. Now in the right window pane, uncheck TeaTimer. Keep the Resident "SDHelper" option checked.

The vast majority of spyware detectors are often used to make occasional scans also bring resident protection, ie there is a process that is running to monitor our computer not to access any spyware, malware. However, many antivirus and perform this function, which means that residents have assets protections spyware detectors are redundant and we affect the stability of the system. So you can disable it by following the steps said by the 'Shen'.

For Disabling the Resident Shield SpyBot (TeaTimer), the first thing you have to go to the Mode menu and select Advanced Mode, to gain access to the next point. Done, it only has access to the Tools / Resident and there uncheck "Resident" TeaTimer "(Protection of system settings) active." By doing this your Spybot's TeaTimer will get disabled.

I was also facing an issue with the Spybot's TeaTimer. I have installed an antivirus and shows me the tea timer as viruses. Anti-virus was showing that TeaTimer was infected and then I uninstalled it. So if you don't need it really, you can uninstall it instead of disabling it. So you should disable the resident protection, if you already have covered with your antivirus to download the team and give it more resources.

If for any reason need to disable the resident protection of Spybot S & D, ie SDHelper TeaTimer and we open the program and select the Mode menu , Which we will open new options in the left pane. Tools and deployed among the options presented to us select Resident in the right panel we see the options to disable the protections. Spyware are malicious programs that invade privacy and that without being as damaging as a virus are very annoying.

Resident TeaTimer is a tool of Spybot-S & D that constantly monitors the processes that are called / initiated. It immediately detects known processes for malicious wanting to start and terminates them giving you some options on how to treat these processes in the future :
    • inform you when the process tries to start again
    • automatically kill the process
    • or authorize the execution process

In addition, TeaTimer detects the moment when something wants to change some critical registry keys. TeaTimer can protect you against such changes by giving you the choice: You can either Allow or Deny the change.