Thread: What do you mean by Computer Viruses and Virii

What do you mean by Computer Viruses and Virii

Hi,

I'm not sure if the correct term is viruses or virii so I included both on my topic title. Well , I well I want to know about what is virus ??? How does it spreads ??? What do you mean by Computer Viruses and Virii ?? Are both the same or different ???

Re: What do you mean by Computer Viruses and Virii

The virus first detected using the IRC protocol was "script.ini", it was a macro that took advantage of an option of receiving automatic files, spread among users in the same room as the user contaminated. Once installed, the Trojan horse gave access to the author who could well take over the victim's computer ... and spy on his private conversations. An update mIRC will correct the problem. Since that first verse, the new versions are constantly more.

His technique was to issue on public channels. After clicking on the link, an executable was then downloaded and executed via Internet Explorer without the user having a say. Classic, once the executable installed on the system, the address for downloading the virus was rebroadcast .. A false links not actually displaying an image, but threw a script to install the trojan.

This spreads via the RPC DCOM vulnerability (the same as the blaster). Once the target contaminated Agobot copies itself to network shares with trivial passwords and seeks another target by scanning the rows of computers. As I said, this virus is different because it does not use IRC to propagate but to be controlled. The trojan server and joins a secret channel or the author of this virus can take control of your computer.

The advantage of this principle is that the bots can control computers from a college, an Internet café or even at home behind a proxy with several false nickname. The author becomes more difficult to target. But armed with just a debugger, it is easy to find the server and the secret channel of the author. Method we used to get their hands on the server used by Agobot.

Certain secret channels can contain thousands of bots! What is their purpose? it depends on the authors, some will use it for storage of warez (Divx, Mp3, ..) or else for DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service), ie use the connection for each bot launch a simultaneous attack against a specific target. The virus will take over so quickly that the streaming server virus showed a "bandwidth exceeded" or "Using bandwidth exceeded" after a few hours of office. 12 hours later, authorities had charged to silence the account that hosted the virus.