Thread: Solution to get rid of Win32/Mebroot.CZ

Solution to get rid of Win32/Mebroot.CZ

My computer is running Windows Vista operating system and my browser is Opera 10. I require a solution to get rid of Win32/Mebroot.CZ because the Avira antivirus has detected this infection and I am not able to delete the same with the help of this particular antivirus. I have also tried the solutions available on the internet. My entire system is in a vulnerable condition because of this threat. All possible replies and suggestions on this topic is duly appreciated.

Keep the antivirus up-to-date

It is required that you should keep the antivirus up-to-date for the solution to get rid of Win32/Mebroot.CZ. The antivirus is not able to delete this threat because the signature of this antivirus may not be available in its database. Thus, update it as soon as possible and then, scan the whole system, including all the hard drives and flash drives. Delete all the unhealed infections that are detected.

Format the computer

I suppose that there is a need to format the computer inorder to get rid of Win32/Mebroot.CZ. I think it this way because the infection seems to be infected in all parts of the computer. I am telling this because you have mentioned that the entire system is in a vulnerable condition because of the threat. So, format the computer and install a fresh copy of Windows in it.

Avira is not a a recommended antivirus

Avira is not a a recommended antivirus to get rid of Win32/Mebroot.CZ. AVG is a recommended antivirus by the experts to get rid of the threats like worms, virus and trojans too. First uninstall any other antivirus that you are using in your system because using 2 antivirus will cause conflicts in the system. Then, scan the computer, including all the hard drives as well as flash drives. I hope that your problem will be solved.

System restore is a better method

Hello there, I can assure you that system restore is a better method to get rid of Win32/Mebroot.CZ. This is so, since formatting will remove the whole operating system that you are using. Whereas system restore will just remove the installed components, thus keeping the operating system. All the infections will also be removed along with the installed components.

Enable a boot scan

It is suggested that you must enable a boot scan with the help of an antivirus like Quick Heal to get rid of Win32/Mebroot.CZ. When the boot scan is started, all the infections are not able to execute, since the scan takes place before the startup of the operating system. As a result, the infections remain inactive. So, the antivirus finds it easy to get rid of the infections.