Thread: Hijackthis is not running

Hijackthis is not running

Hi, I have installed a windows vista on my computer on which i am using an internet explorer as my default browser but my computer has a mozilla firefox too. Now problem is that both of this browser gets closed without any warning as soon as i open them. Then i tried to run HijackThis which is also showing the same behavior. It just not opening at all, means it gets open but it closes as well after some seconds. Can anybody tell me the reason why Hijackthis is not running on my computer?

Re: Hijackthis is not running

I think your computer must be containing some kind of viruses which is making your browsers and hijackthis closing. You must scan your computer by using anti virus software so that you can remove all the infections from your computer. Click on the name of an AVAST to redirect yourself to the web page from where you can download it.

I think you should try downloading the win32delfkil.exe then save it on your desktop which will create a new folder the desktop named as win32delfkil. Now close all the windows and open folder win32delfkil and double click on the fix.bat which will reboot your computer. Post the contents of the logfile c\windelf.txt, along with a new hijackhislog. Please note that this variant kills win32delfkil.exe. When the tool has been closed, start it again. When it has been closed again, start it again and again. After max 5 times win32delfkil should be started and doing its job.

It is the first work of any viruses that when it enters in to your computer then it disables all the security softwares that you are using on your computer. I think your computer if infected by some serious viruses which are not letting your browser and HijackThis running. I suggest you to do an online scan of your computer so that if there any viruses on your system then they would be caught.

If your HijackThis is not opening at all or it gets closed as soon as you open it then you must try to use it from the Safe Mode of your windows vista operating system. Restart your computer then keep on pressing the F8 key which will open Windows Vista Booting Options where you have to select for the Safe Mode with or without Networking.