Thread: Infected by System Security 2009

Infected by System Security 2009

i am using a windows XP system. I have installed the AVG 9.0 free antivirus soon after the installation i realized that my system is infected after i got a popup alert. After that i scanned my system with the AVG 9.0 antivirus free edition. Also i am not able to open Notepad and a new application named System Security 2009 appears to be installed within the add/remove programs on my system.

Re: Infected by System Security 2009

So what are you waiting for if you are finding a new program which you think you have not installed then simply try to remove it. simply click on the application and then a new button will appear and you have to click that button since it will help you to remove the application from your system.

I tried this but the application cannot be removed since whenever i try to click it it always results in to an error message "Warning! Application can not be executed. The file rundll32.exe is infected. Try to activate your anti-virus software!" . Please suggest a different idea for removing this application.

For this i would recommend you to install the malwarebytes antimalware utility on your system and then scan the system using the malwarebytes application this will definitely remove the application program from your system. Also it will detec and remove all the viruses and spywares that are present on your system.

I have downloaded the malwarebytes antimalware on my system but still i am not able to get it installed on my system. whenever i try to install it by double clicking the downloaded exe file it results in to an error message "Windows station is shutting down" and my system gets restarted so please help me.

I forgot to mention in my earlier reply that if you fail to install it in the normal mode you will have to get it installed in the safe mode. So restart your computer and hit the F* key until a black screen appears and then select safe mode with networking if you want to download the file or else select safe mode and hit enter.