Thread: Having MAC desktop and want to setup VPN

Having MAC desktop and want to setup VPN

I am having the Apple MAC desktop computer system and i want to setup the VPN on this desktop. But i am not able to do the same by myself. So i am here to get the help from you people. So, i am having MAC desktop and want to setup VPN on this desktop. I hope that you people will provide the help is setting up the VPN on this Apple desktop.

Re: Having MAC desktop and want to setup VPN

You are having the Apple Mac desktop computer system and you want to setup the VPN in this desktop computer system. The VPN setup process is the time consuming and i will not advise you to do it by yourself if you do not know about the networking. VPN stands for the Virtual Private Network. It is the way of creating the remote connection between two machines.

The VPN was used by the companies which wanted to give the access to the staff of their company to the remote server access to their system. They should access the company server remotely without caring about the black hat hacker or malicious programming. But now this can be done at your home also if you are having two or more than two systems.

You can setup the VPN in the Apple MAC desktop having the Mac OSX 10.4 operating system as intructed below.
    1. Open -> server Admin. You can open this from the drive/Applications/server.
    2. Enter the username and the password for connecting the server to the IP address.
    3. After the establisment of the connection,list of services for the machine will appear in front of you.Select the VPN and after that the VPN settings will be shown on the right side of the monitor.
    4. Select the 'L2TP' Tab.
    5. find the 'MS-CHAPv2' tab and specify a secret or the password for the VPN.
    6. Now select the “PPTP” tab. After that mention the address pool of the users who connect through the PPTP.
    7. Find and select the “client information” tab. Specify the DNS servers, which varies on the IP address.
    8. Now Set up user accounts in the desktop. This can be completed using the software called workgroup manage. You will get this on the same place where you found the server admin software. Make sure you should enter the very strong and unique password.

Setting Up VPN on the Desktops and Laptops.

1. Open the system preferences from the menu bar or from the spotlight of the desktop.
    2. select Network, now the configuration menu will be opened.
    3. search for the VPN and select it. Now VPN configuration screen will appear.
    4. Enter server address and username . Now click on the connect button.
    5. Now you will be asked for entering the password. Enter the password and select ok.
    6. The rest should happen automatically. Now the VPN is fully setup in your Apple Mac desktop.