Thread: Infected by Trojan.Win32.Pasmu.hd

Infected by Trojan.Win32.Pasmu.hd

I have a computer which runs on Windows XP operating system and also i have MacAfee antivirus on my computer. Recently my computer got infected by a virus which is called "Trojan.Win32.Pasmu.hd". My antivirus is not able to remove this virus and i wanted to get rid form this virus because this is making my computer slow and i am not able to access my computer as it hangs always after this virus infection. So please help me to remove this virus...

Re: Infected by Trojan.Win32.Pasmu.hd

The virus may be created and execute a novel thread through its own application code inside the given processes:
    • %system%\svchost.exe

The virus perhaps contain set the contain Registry entries:
    • [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM]

"Randseed_1" = %hex_value%
    "Randseed_2" = %hex_value%

The virus hand round as a backdoor. This can also be controlled remotely. The virus gain data and commands through a remote system or the Internet. The virus include a list of 6 URLs. It also attempts to download some files through the addresses. The HTTP protocol is used. The given file is created into the %system%\drivers\ folder:
    • %variable%.sys (17376 B)
    This also installs in the given system drivers:
    • %system%\drivers\%variable%.sys, %variable%

I have seen that this is a trojan virus which is from the trojan family, it allows all the access limited to the remote computer and also it gives the access to control the computer by a remote attacker. This is a malacious file and it can be instructed to download and execute the arbitrary files from a particualr computer. So if you want to remove this virus then you need to update the antivirus on your computer and then try to remove it.

In order to remove this file or prevent infection your computer from the infection then you need to follow the steps:
    1. You need to enable a firewall on your computer.
    2. You can get the latest computer updates for the antivirus on your computer and software.
    3. You need to see the caution when you try to open any attachments and accepting file transfers.
    4. Also you need to use caution when you click on the links to Web pages.
    5. You need to avoid the downloadings of pirated software.
    6. You need to use a strong passwords.

For removing this virus you can also use any of the good anti virus application. But I am suggesting you a Norton anti virus software application which is one of the best anti virus in the world. You can easily download this anti virus form its official web site. Download this anti virus application and install it on your computer, but during installation you have to select standard installation. But before scanning you have to update latest virus definition of the application.

jjammin1812 Guest

To Happy46,

I believe Avira AntiVir can help you. Try using Quarantine first, after you scan all there is to scan, then, if that won't work, to delete may be all that's left. There may be irreparable damage already. In that case, you have only one choice, you must re-install your operating system along with the motherboards software. Be sure to reformat, to partition and, in order to clean everything out and install fresh and new, use all the software you have to include the audioboard software.

jjammin1812
    3/27/2010
    I have a computer which runs on Windows XP operating system and also i have MacAfee antivirus on my computer. Recently my computer got infected by a virus which is called "Trojan.Win32.Pasmu.hd". My antivirus is not able to remove this virus and i wanted to get rid form this virus because this is making my computer slow and i am not able to access my computer as it hangs always after this virus infection. So please help me to remove this virus...

by Happy46