Thread: System infected with "Personal Scanner"

System infected with "Personal Scanner"

A few days ago, I was surfing internet and came across a site on google which attracted me a lot. I curiously clicked on it but without my knowledge and intention a pop-up showed with the title "Personal Scanner" and informed that my computer has some serious infections and around 100's of trojans with could steal my personal information from my computer. It suggested me to immediately asked me to scan my computer now with 2 options saying Yes and No. But whatever options I have chosen it certainly starts scanning my hard disk in IE window and I found that I can't close it irrespective of what options I try. Since then my system seems to be slow and unknown sites opens up whenever I start my computer. How to fix this problem?

Re: System infected with "Personal Scanner"

Even I got a similar kind of pop-ups and that too with some known sites. That simply irritates a lot of time when you have really short time to work on internet. I generally shuts down or restart my computer whenever I come across this kinds of stuff. I know that's not the solution but the its the only option that is left in front of us if you don't find any option to get rid of this situation.

Which browser are you using? If you are using IE then you should switch to Opera which is best to such kind of stuffs. It blocks most of the pop-ups and provides a safe surf option to you. Google Chrome is also another option that is better than IE.

I would suggest you use some antivirus software and scan your computer thoroughly before taking any decisions. I would recommend MalwareBytes which detects every kind of infections and removes it automatically. Its the most and well known antivirus software among computer users.

I agree with Connect_Me regarding MalwareBytes point but I would like to add some more points. There is no doubt MalwareBytes is the one of the best solution to remove your viruses, spywares, adwares etc; you can even use some good security solutions like Norton Internet Security, McAfee antivirus, AVG Internet Security etc. They too can provide you best solution and fix any such kind of malwares.