Thread: How to delete Win32.TRDownloader

How to delete Win32.TRDownloader

I am using Windows XP Service Pack 3 and my browser is Mozilla Firefox. You guys have always provided the perfect solutions for all sorts of problems that I used to face in my system. Now, I need to know how to delete Win32.TRDownloader because this infection has been entered from one of the external drives that I had connected. The problem is that the Escan antivirus, that I am using has detected it on scanning the computer, but at the same time it is not able to get rid of it due to which I am looking for the solutions.

Format the computer

I suppose that you will have to format the computer inorder to delete Win32.TRDownloader. This is because this infection is a trojan horse and the name itself specifies about the same. Such infections seem to have genuine files of the system when seen from outside. But, the fact is that they work internally for the destruction of the system.Hence, format the computer and install a new copy of Windows in it.

The manual deletion technique

You will have to search for the following files on your system to delete Win32.TRDownloader. This is because this threat installs with the following names when it enters the computer:
    • freddy42.exe
    • freddy43.exe
    • freddy45.exe
    • freddy46.exe
    • ld08.exe
    • ld09.exe
    • ld10.exe
    • ld12.exe
    • mstre19.exe
    • pp10.exe

Their processes have to be stopped from the task manager and then, it will have to be deleted from their main locations. This is called as the manual deletion technique of removing threats.

Escan is not a recommended antivirus

Since, Escan is not a recommended antivirus to delete Win32.TRDownloader and other such infections, it is suggested that you must change the antivirus that you are using. Hence, it will be better if you install AVG antivirus in your system because it can delete threats like trojans, worms and all types of virus. Update its database and then, scan the complete system. Then, delete all the detected infections.

Always scan all the external drives and portables

Hello there, you have to remember that you must always scan all the external drives and portables, so that you can prevent any infections that can enter from those devices. Now, the method that you can use to delete Win32.TRDownloader is to enable a safe mode scanning. You will get an option to get into the safe mode when the computer is started.

Boot scan the computer

A solution to delete Win32.TRDownloader is to boot scan the computer. For this purpose, you will have to install Avast antivirus because all the antivirus do not provide this feature of boot scanning. This is a scan, that takes place before the operating system starts. So, during this scan, all the infections in the system will not be able to execute due to which they will remain inactive and ultimately the antivirus will get rid of the threat.