Thread: Get rid of LAN applications problems

Get rid of LAN applications problems

Actually I am suffering with lots of LAN problem for which I need the solution. I have mentioned some of the LAN problem I am facing.
    I visited the computer LAN, why are often prompted to enter a user name and password?
    Internet browsing before the LAN should be how to set IE?
    Composed of three computers from the LAN, in which I used on one computer optimized master Windows, why this computer cannot log on the network, and also prompted to find dial-up adapter?
    I want to use NetMeeting to LAN calls, but how to set up?
    Can anybody help me to get rid of these LAN problems?

Re: Get rid of LAN applications problems

Computer LAN prompted to enter a user name and password because, this is mainly for safety considerations. And when you restart your computer when you have to re-enter a user name and password, which is really people will find very troublesome.
    You only need a computer for file sharing to create an identical user name and use the same password, and then the LAN of computers to use this user name and password, so that Network Neighborhood to access other computers do not need to enter a user name and password.

For setting the Internet browsing before the LAN. Use a proxy server in the LAN Internet browsing; the browser should make the necessary settings. In IE, for example, in the browser proxy settings approach: Using the mouse right-click the IE icon on the desktop, right in the pop-up menu, select "Properties" command. In the open "Internet Properties" dialog box, select "Connect" item, then click on "LAN Settings" in the "Local Area Network (LAN) Settings" dialog box, select "Use a proxy server", and enter the proxy server address and port.
    The default for the HTTP, FTP browser, use the same proxy server settings, if these services have different agents, you need to make other settings.
    Method: Click on "Advanced" button, cancel, "for all protocols use the same proxy server" and were entered in the different services of their respective address and port, save the above settings, IE, you can use a proxy server online.

Composed of three computers from the LAN, in which I used on one computer optimized master Windows, This computer can not log on the network, and also prompted to find dial-up adapter. Because according to the situation you say there is no install "Dial-Up Networking." The solution is: In the "Control Panel" "Add / Remove Programs", select the "Windows Installer" in the "component" and "communications" and select "Dial-Up Networking" and then install the disk into the CD-ROM for Windows installation, restart your computer before you can use dial-up networking as well.

If you first open the NetMeeting, the software will automatically start the Configuration Wizard. In the Configuration Wizard window, click "Next" and then enter your basic information (such as name, E-mail, etc.). Continue to click "Next", enter the server configuration window, NetMeeting allowed to start to log on to the target server, this feature is targeted to ordinary Internet users, and LAN users do not need the feature, so you have to cancel this option. Continue to click "Next", select the network speed, you must select "LAN" and then prompts whether to establish a shortcut, you can choose according to need. Next, adjust the audio test after completion of the LAN settings for NetMeeting.