Thread: How to remove Worm.Win32.NetSky TrojanSPM/LX

How to remove Worm.Win32.NetSky TrojanSPM/LX

I am having Windows XP install as my operating system and everything was working fine till yesterday but today when i started my system for checking out email, i got a pop up message which said that my system is being infected with Worm.Win32.NetSky TrojanSPM/LX and my anti virus is not capable of removing it, does anyone know how to remove it ?

Remove Worm.Win32.NetSky TrojanSPM/LX

If your system is being infected with Worm.Win32.NetSky TrojanSPM/LX then you need to delete the below files but before that you need to reboot your system and login into safe mode and along with that also uninstall your anti virus and then delete the files and reboot your system for changes to get effected.
    • C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon86.exe
    • C:\Program Files\InternetSecurity2010\IS2010.exe
    • C:\WINDOWS\System32\httpapi32.dll
    • C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c001471.dat
    Folders to delete:
    • C:\Program Files\InternetSecurity2010

How to remove Worm.Win32.NetSky/ TrojanSPM/LX

Thanks for your quick reply i had try to delete the above mentioned file and at the same time i had also uninstall the anti virus but still i am getting a message that my system is being infected with Worm.Win32.NetSky , does anyone facing such kind of issue and know how to overcome from it.

Cannot remove Worm.Win32.NetSky TrojanSPM/LX

My brother is having Dell laptop with him and his system is also infected with worm.win32.netsky and trojanSPM/LX. i had also try to use system restore but that is also not working nor the task manager is working and if i try to get into safe mode i am not able to do so. How can I fix this mess?

Getting TrojanSPM/LX and Worm.win32.netsky Popups

if you are not able to open task manger then you need to click on start go to run option and type regedit and and hit enter, now registry window would get open and then browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Policies\system at the right panel you will see value as DisableTaskMgr, now right click on it ans select delete option and finally reboot your system for changes to get effected. At the same time i would suggest you to install AVG antivirus which is capable of removing such kidn fo virus from your system.

Remove Worm.Win32.NetSky TrojanSPM/LX

My friend my system was also got infected with Worm.Win32.NetSky TrojanSPM/LX i had tried a lot and was not able to disable that pop up, then finally i had formatted my system and install a fresh copy of Operating system and at the same time get a licensed copy of e-Scan which will protect your system from such kind of Torjan Horse and worms.