Thread: Windows 7 64 bit freeze after adding D-Link DWA-547

Windows 7 64 bit freeze after adding D-Link DWA-547

Recently i have installed "Windows 7 Professional 64 bit" operating system on my computer. There is a problem when i try to connect to my WIFI, the computer freezes and i need to do restart of the computer. I am using "D-Link DWA-547 PCI card", and it seems like the problem is by this card only. When i try to connect to the internet with this wifi card my computer freezes. I have tried more other drivers for the card but the problem is not getting out. Please help me to solve this problem.

Re: Windows 7 64 bit freeze after adding D-Link DWA-547

I think you need to have the latest driver for the Windows 7 64 bit operating system. So if you want then you can go on the google search and from there you can find out the latest driver and the support for the pci card which you have currently. First you need to find out the current version on your computer which can be done by pressing ctrl+f and then search for the version "Ver 8.0.0.219". If you find the latest driver rather than the current one please download it.

I have DWA-547 pci card and i was always trying to connect to a Belkin wireless N router. It was tried on the standard Windows 7 64 bit. I think you need to get the 8.0.0.162 version driver, then you can change the router to the wireless N and then change the security type to WPA2. I also changed it to the dual channel and i am now connected at the 300Mbps speed. Windows 7 will give you a report that the settings have been changed in the connection. So you need to go to the properties and then reenter the security information. Hope it works for you.

You can also check out for the latest version for your wifi pci card according to your intel chipset. You can go on the intel official website and then you can download the latest version of the driver and you can use it without any of the problem in the windows 7 64 bit operating system. Also if you want then you can use some other pci card for the windows 7 which is suitable for it, and gives the best support for the latest 64 bit operating system.

If yout computer freezes continuously whenever you try to connect to the internet with the help of wifi then you need to check the version of the driver for the wifi which you are using it currently and also if all the driver is correct then you need to check the setting for the wifi in the system. After that if the problem persist then you need to re-install the Windows 7 operating system once again on your computer and then you can try it.