Thread: How to delete this VBS.Timofonica virus?

How to delete this VBS.Timofonica virus?

My computer system is infected with this VBS.Timofonica virus I get to know this when antivirus software on my computer system gave me an alert message. I am trying to delete this VBS.Timofonica virus from my computer system but I am unable to do so. I have no idea what is the problem but need a perfect solution for removing this VBS.Timofonica virus from my computer system. I will be waiting for the related replies.

Re: How to delete this VBS.Timofonica virus?

VBS.Timofonica is an internet worm normally this worm spreads through the infected email. This VBS.Timofonica sends the messages from the victim’s computer system. First this worm steals the email address from the MS outlook address book and then sends the infected emails. If your antivirus software is not able delete this VBS.Timofonica from computer system then change your antivirus software.

The worm is written in the scripting language "Visual Basic Script" (VBS). It works only on computers in which the Windows Scripting Host (WSH) has been installed. In Windows 98 and Windows 2000, WHS is installed by default. To spread itself, the worm accesses MS Outlook and uses its functions and address lists. This is available in Outlook 98/2000 only, so the worm is able to spread only in the case that one of these MS Outlook versions is installed.

VBS.Timofonica is written the vb script language and this worm spreads in the system which has windows scripting host installed. For spreading the worm it uses the MS Outlook and uses its functions and address lists. Before changing your antivirus software you must try to update your current antivirus software.

For removing this VBS.Timofonica from your computer system try to restore. System restore is not a perfect solution but can be used to neutralize the damage done by VBS.Timofonica on your computer system. For restoring your computer system you have to follow these simple steps.
    1. Go to Start >> Programs >> Accessories >> System tools
    2. Select system restore
    3. After that a system restore window will be displayed.
    4. You have just select the date for system restore
    5. Reboot your personal computer.

For removing this VBS.Timofonica from your computer system I will suggest you to use kasperky antivirus software. I am suggesting you to use this antivirus software because I was also suffering with the same problem of worm and now my computer system is free from any kind of virus or worm. This antivirus software will not only remove this worm but will also remove other malicious codes which can harm your computer system.