Thread: Error 55: The specified network resource is no longer available

Error 55: The specified network resource is no longer available

Hi,

I have a windows 7 pc. After I have installed windows 7 I an not able to access the internet. I am getting Error 55: The specified network resource is no longer available. My computer is connected via Linksys WRT54G router. I have checked cables and system has no other issue. What should I do to remove this error message ???

Re: Error 55: The specified network resource is no longer available

Use the command-line Ping and PathPing to verify connectivity. Use Ping to isolate problems associated with network equipment and incompatible configurations. Use PathPing to identify lost packets in a multi-data transfer. To view statistics command Ping, use the-t (ping-t). To see statistics and continue, press CTRL + BREAK. To stop, press CTRL + C. If you detect lost packets in the information received as a result of this command, so network problems up to level 3 model of open systems interconnection (OSI) (IP-level connectivity).

Check the network adapter and equipment (hub or switch) for common settings. Ensure that all network resources (network adapter, hub and switch) are set at the same transmission speed in the network and the same duplex communication. If the type of bearing is installed as the type of autonegotiation or autodetect, or "Auto Select", then make sure that all components are autosensing correctly.

Manual tuning network adapter the computer that has had problems with network connectivity due to the installation setting half-duplex and set a low value for the property tench speed data transmission. Connect the system to a switch that is configured for half-duplex communication and which is set for a transfer speed equal to 10-Mbps, or to 10-Mbps hub, to see whether there can be installed to connect to a lower value of a property transfer speed .

To improve the effectiveness of the local network, change the value for the property transfer speed up to 100 Mbps, and then restart the computer. If the network connection is lost, change the setting to full-duplex, and then restart the computer. If it still is a loss of network connection, return the old value for a duplex and the speed data link.

Check the event log to determine whether it accounts for the network cards and network connections. Check other computers that use the same default gateway, and connected to the same hub or switch. If these computers have no problems with network connectivity, the problem with the network adapter on one computer.