Thread: Infected by Trojan.Win32.Pasta.keq, Mal/Generic-A

Infected by Trojan.Win32.Pasta.keq, Mal/Generic-A

Yesterday when i connected my flash drive to my computer on which i have installed a windows XP. This computer have got infected by the Trojan.Win32.Pasta.keq, Mal/Generic-A. My anti virus was not detecting anything from my computer but as i have seen my computer working very much slow, I did a online scan of my computer from where i came to know about this infection on pc. Now i do not have nay software which can remove Trojan.Win32.Pasta.keq, Mal/Generic-A out of my computer, can anybody suggest me ways to remove this virus from my computer?

Re: Infected by Trojan.Win32.Pasta.keq, Mal/Generic-A

Pasta.keq, Mal/Generic-A is a recently found malware on the windows operating systems. As this is a latest malware, we do not have much information about it but as it is a common action taken by any viruses that they send informations about your computer to an attacker such as your Login Id and passwords or some other important passwords. This information could be used for some wrong intentions so you must remove this malware from your computer as soon as possible.

I think you should use software which can secure your computer from any kind of viruses like Norton Anti Virus. It is mostly used software to secure the windows machines. I have given you the link which redirects you to the web page from where you can download the Norton Anti Virus. But i suggest you to keep on updating this software so that it would be aware of more latest virus informations.

I think you have not updated your security software which is resulting in the failure of virus removals. Once you update that software then it would be able to remove any kind of viruses from your computer. Another reason behind the failure of removal could be the pirated copy of your software as in pirated version many features does not works. Scanning by software is not much important as you can do it online also but you should always have one software which remove all the viruses from your computer from its core.

You can remove the viruses from the Safe Mode of the windows operating system as if in normal mode you are not able to remove any viruses. Safe Mode secures your all the hard drive data while removing the viruses out of your computer. You have to restart your computer and then keep on pressing the F8 key which will open Booting Options of Windows OS. Here you can select to boot your pc in Safe Mode.

Once you have detected the viruses on your computer then you can delete it manually also as you would be knowing the path where an infected file resides. First of all delete that file and then kill all the processes that are related to that particular viruses. You can check the publishers of the processes that are currently running on your computer from the Windows Defender. Most of the processes related to the viruses have an Unknown Publisher so you could remove those processes.