Thread: "Local machine: installation failed" error while installing AVG Free version 9

"Local machine: installation failed" error while installing AVG Free version 9

I am using a compaq presario laptop running on windows 7 operating system. I was using the AVG 8 antivirus on my system which i wanted to upgrade to AVG 9 but while i was installing this i got an error message that "Local machine: installation failed" please tell me how to go about this issue. Any help would be appreciated

Re: "Local machine: installation failed" error while installing AVG Free version 9

It seems as you have not posted the actual error message you have only posted the title of the error it would be more better if you post the error message too. Since the error message will describe the actual problem more precisely. Also i think it would be more better if you post it soon.

Re: "Local machine: installation failed" error while installing AVG Free version 9

Thanks for you keen interest in solving my problem. I though that it would be enough to post the error title hence i did not post the error message i got the error "Action failed for registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: creating registry key....
    Access is denied.''

It appears as you will have to make use of the AVG Remover tool for uninstalling the currently installed or upgraded AVG. Use the above link to download it on your system and then install it again using the AVG free antivirus setup I think that this will definitely help you to solve your AVG installation problem.

Sounds like AVG antivirus is not installed correctly on your system then i think that you will have to uninstall the earlier version and install the newer version from scratch this time i would suggest you to use the link below for downloading the AVG antivirus on your system use this for installation http://www.techarena.in/download/ant...ofessional.htm