Thread: Trying to connect Wii to laptop

Trying to connect Wii to laptop

I tried to be connect to the internet using my Toshiba laptop with the Blackberry 8330. I can find the Wii to get my laptop wifi network signal on the display but it will not connect when testing the signal.

Also can not getting any indication of the Wii to be shown on my laptop or the wifi radar. However, when trying to connect with the laptop does get the SSID from it. It is configured with an Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN and I have associated with other laptops within the internet connection shared with them.

Currently, Nintendo is not much compatible with the wireless connections that need to use with a laptop, satellite, dial-up, cell-phone, or EV-DO, wireless connections with their online gaming service.

There is only some method to be connect online to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection on your Wii console using two options : You need to use the wireless router or Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, but this connector has been ended back.

You need to take some suggestion,if you are going to be connect first time the following procedure can help you to do this.It will also specify you that requirements to getting your systems online.

• A broadband Internet connection with the modem, like Cable, DSL, or Fiber Optic.
    • A Wireless router.

If need to be sure that the connection that you are going to create or Internet Service Provider are known to be compatible with the Wii console's online service.

I am getting failed to be connect while trying to follow the instructions above. I have my blackberry tethered with my laptop as the retrieving point/hotspot. The different computers in my house are able to connect and running well to access the internet but the wii is not going to do well. my wii detects the ssid but failed connect with the internet.

I also have a verizon wireless dial-up card which is also going with the same problem .

I am not confirm why the wii wouldn't connect this method. I am getting the latency problems during games but not being able to connect at all seems odd.

Are you working with Windows XP Service Pack 2? and if you have updated into Service Pack 3, the USB connection would not function well. If you are working with Vista operating environment, I have no idea about the functionality on the Vista operating system. Windows 7? Nope!

If you want to go for best then just pick the Wi-Fi router, secure it with WPA or WEP, and then connect.