Thread: How can I monitor the LAN P2P traffic

How can I monitor the LAN P2P traffic

Hi all,

I am using the LAN BT, Thunder, eDonkey, eMule and other P2P download tools to download, resulting in local area network to other users feel the Internet is slow, speed cards. When a LAN host to use P2P to download, P2P software will take up the export of the LAN to the Internet a lot of bandwidth, leading to other users. I want to know that how can I monitor the LAN P2P traffic. Please advice.

If you use BT concrete works for a file into a Z-part A in the server to download the first N random parts A, B in the server to download the first M random parts, so that A's BT on the B in the light of a situation that has been downloaded on the computer pick up a good M B part B of the BT will be under the circumstances to go to a computer pick up a good N parts have been downloaded, so that the server-side load may be relatively small, at the same time also accelerated the user side (A and B) and download speed, efficiency also increased, but also reduced the area between the limit. check and reply.

Re: How can I monitor the LAN P2P traffic

Thunder and the BT bandwidth grab the most powerful, but recently became popular vagaa, pplinve, pp little bit of pass such as p2p download tools download speed greatly surpass the advantages. BT and other software downloads at the same time as the seed for others to download service, due to the largest ADSL upstream bandwidth is only 512K, so the use of P2P software is more likely to cause the export upstream bandwidth local area network congestion, but any Internet operations require the uplink / downlink 2 directions of traffic, if the upstream bandwidth is filled, it will affect all users use. Check and reply.

Address the general needs of the above ideas through a router or set up a proxy server, the deployment of more trouble, technically demanding and less flexible, and the effect is not very satisfactory. If the enterprises want a total ban on the LAN P2P software, you can consider using third-party software for network management. A similar number of domestic monitoring software, I personally think that more practical network management software, simple operation, can be more effectively blocked almost all the current popular P2P software, and does not require port mirroring, or hub, the LAN Renyiyitai can be installed on the computer. Check and reply.

There are some solution to monitor the LAN P2P traffic are:
    (1) sealing of the port used by P2P software restrictions.
    (2) sealing of P2P software, IP address of the seeds.
    (3) using the rate-limiting function of the host within the network to restrict the hosts upload / download speeds, allowing P2P software to download, but its speed is within a tolerable range, while limiting the upload bandwidth of no more than download bandwidth.
    (4) Internal network to enhance management and administrative means to intervene to stop the timely detection of illegal downloading.