Thread: Unable to access wireless Internet connection

Unable to access wireless Internet connection

I am using the Wireless connection to access the internet earlier and getting some connection problem after uninstalling the windows.I am using ACTIONTEC router with QUEST DSL service. The computer contains Linksys Wireless-G. I tried so many things to trouble shoot this problem like un-install and re-install and then verified with Linksys address.The ACTIONTEC provider requires money for assistance.What may be the problem means It is detecting some compatibility error with ACTIONTEC/LINKSYS or what ???

Hello Rastogi,

It is the network result and occurred by the bad configuration of the software.I don't think the issues regarding the compatibility of hardware in the network like router and services.

You didn't specified the exact configuration of your system and the connected network.What did you uninstall/install exactly? You didn't mention how the computers is working and what result you are getting after connection ??

There may be some physical problem to connection with your wireless and you have to check the following things :

1- Investigate all of the physical connections and modem.You need shut down the system modem and whatever device you have connected to the computer. Then after,Check all the cables and connections with proper manner and the port status from the cables. Check the modem connection with the phone jack.

2- Switch the power of the modem with on status.

I was also suffering with the same problem but I find my self after different troubleshooting.I used the following method to solve this problem.

1. Jump to the Control Panel and then select Network Connections

2. Choose the Wireless Network Connection from the network connections and select the Properties after right click.

3. Choose general tab and select the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) from the list and double click on that

4. At the General tab, thick on Obtain an IP address by-default and access DNS server address.

What you are using to manage the connection:Windows provided Auto configuration or Linksys utility.

In case of the Linksys utility,Be sure about the activation of Wireless Zero Configuration service,It should not be in function while you are operating the connection using Linksys Utility .

1. Browse the Network Connections folder.
    2. Choose the Properties of the Wireless Network Connection
    3. Click the Wireless Networks tab.
    4. Disable the checks tagged on "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings"
    5. Then after disable the Wireless Zero Configuration from the Services pane using Start=>Run=>Type "services.msc" and search for the particular service and configure it using the properties of the services.