Thread: Password protection on router

Password protection on router

I just brought a new computer. I have a wireless router for my network connectivity and management but it is only for my TiVo only. On my previous desktop computer I had it protect or blocked using the password so no one are authenticated to access my wireless connection.

And on my recently brought desktop computer - what is the process to put a password on? I just connected the network devices and it doing fine but I feel it is not secured/blocked .

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

You can get more information from this and I think it would be reliable method for you.

You need to use the provided disk from the manufacturer named as Netgear CD and insert into the computer and start up your Control Access section where all the settings are being configured according to the manual level and enter the required information for manual to set up the access wireless computer access.

And it would help to block laptops with wireless access, OK !!!!

Hello guy !

You can set up the network connection and if you need to restrict the access for router for only authenticated user then you can do it to lock your router for external users for the network.

Configuring the wireless network for your personal use and/or office is a relatively simple setting. During the set up the network, password protection confirms that the outside users can't be able to log into your network and access personal information.

If you need to use both of the computer as a network computers and you feel that whatever you are doing is right but the one of the computer is not well secured properly and need to block it from unauthorized activity of the external users .

You can setup the restriction on your router where you can be able to restrict your whole network.protection should be configured on the router, prior to connecting to the modem.

Protecting your Wireless or Wi-Fi router

Protecting your Wireless or Wi-Fi router

To set the password on your wireless or Wi-Fi router,you have to use some simple steps to set it up.

1. Access the Administration Panel of your Router
    2. Set the SSID or Username
    3. Set the Password.