Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to Share Folders In Windows 7 To Linux Computer

Networking & Security

Old 19-03-2010

Unable to Share Folders In Windows 7 To Linux Computer

Hello, I am having Windows 7 installed on my computer and some of the computer are having Linux installed on them. But, when I try to share the folder from my computer, it won't get shared with the other computer having Linux installed. If you are having any solution from which I will able to share the folders then I will be thankful to you. If you are having any details from which I can able to know the Sharing of Folders In Windows 7 To Linux Computer details about it, then please help me.

Old 19-03-2010

Re: Unable to Share Folders In Windows 7 To Linux Computer

Hello, I don't think that you will able to share the directories from the Windows 7 to the Linux operating system. As both are different operating system. So, working of the both operating system may be different and that is why I think you are not able to get the share folder of the Windows 7 to the Linux operating system. So, you need to make use of the similar operating system.
Old 19-03-2010

Hello, I think the steps below will solve your problem:
  • First you need to start the portmapper from the command below:
    Quote:
    /etc/init.d/portmap start
  • Now you need to add the folder which you want to share to the export folder.
    Quote:
    /raid5 192.168.10.20/25(rw,no_root_squash)
    start nfs
    /etc/init.d/nfs start
  • Now in you Windows box you need to go to the additional windows features and programs. Overthere you need to install the NFS client.
  • Now at the command line type the command below:
    Quote:
    showmount -e <ip of other machine>
    mount \\<ip of other machine>\raid5 r:\
  • Done.
Old 19-03-2010

Hello, I would suggest you to make use of the Turning off your Firewall and then you will able to share the folder with the ubuntu. As there may be possibility that you are getting the problem due to the problem in your permissions. So, just try to this and just check whether you will able to get the solution for your problem.
Old 19-03-2010

Hello, if you want to Share Folders In Windows 7 To Linux Computer then you must need to make use of the some of the software application which will create connection between them. So, you just need to make use of the any such kind of networking software which will solve your problem. I am not having any kind of such software and that is why, you need to search suck kind of software on internet and then make use of it.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,