Thread: Alerts of Trojan.DL.Win32.FakeAV.cp in Windows 7 Ultimate

Alerts of Trojan.DL.Win32.FakeAV.cp in Windows 7 Ultimate

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate operating system and my browser is Opera 10. The basic problem that I am facing is that I am getting alerts of Trojan.DL.Win32.FakeAV.cp in Windows 7 Ultimate. Actually, the Avast antivirus, that I have installed in my system recently is giving me such alerts. The issue is that when I try to delete this infection from the antivirus interface, I get a message saying that "Cannot perform the required action." Please lend some help soon.

Re: Alerts of Trojan.DL.Win32.FakeAV.cp in Windows 7 Ultimate

I suppose that you are not able to get rid of the issue of the alerts of Trojan.DL.Win32.FakeAV.cp in Windows 7 Ultimate with the help of the Avast antivirus because the version of the antivirus that you have installed in your system may be incompatible with Windows 7. So, it may not be supporting and performing some of the necessary actions. I suggest that you install a compatible version of the antivirus to solve the issue.

You can solve the problem of the alerts of Trojan.DL.Win32.FakeAV.cp in Windows 7 Ultimate with the help of the AVG antivirus because it is compatible with the Windows 7 operating system and it can also delete the infections like worms, virus and trojans also. So, install this antivirus as soon as possible and scan the whole system. Then, delete all the unhealed infections that are detected.

The older versions of most of the applications and softwares are seen to have problems with the Windows 7 operating system. So, get the latest version of Avast antivirus and the problem of the alerts of Trojan.DL.Win32.FakeAV.cp in Windows 7 Ultimate will be solved soon. This is because the newer versions of the softwares and applications being released are seen to work fine in Windows 7.

The main reason why you are not able to get rid of the alerts of Trojan.DL.Win32.FakeAV.cp in Windows 7 Ultimate is that this infection is a trojan and due to that the normal methods of detection and deletion of the infections cannot be used in the case of trojans. This is because the files of the trojans seem to be genuine from outside. So, my suggestion to you is to format the system and install a new copy of Windows in the computer.

Try using the manual deletion technique to solve the issue of the alerts of Trojan.DL.Win32.FakeAV.cp in Windows 7 Ultimate. Here are the files of be eradicated:
    • %Documents and Settings%\<username>\Desktop\XP Antivirus 2008.lnk
    • %Documents and Settings%\<username>\Start Menu\XP Antivirus 2008\Uninstall XP Antivirus 2008.lnk
    • %Documents and Settings%\<username>\Start Menu\XP Antivirus 2008\XP Antivirus 2008.lnk
    • %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\XP_Antispyware\Uninstall.lnk
    • %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\XP_Antispyware\XP_Antispyware.lnk

If you do not get rid of the same, then you will keep getting fake alerts of particular softwares in your system.