Thread: How to remove W32/FraudPack.QYS!tr

How to remove W32/FraudPack.QYS!tr

I am using Windows Vista operating system and my browser is Internet Explorer 8. I have installed McAfee antivirus in my system recently and it has detected the infection called W32/FraudPack.QYS!tr in my system. It keeps alerting me about the same when I surf the internet. I am getting irritated because of these alerts, since the antivirus is not helping me to delete the same. So, please help me on how to remove W32/FraudPack.QYS!tr.

Re: How to remove W32/FraudPack.QYS!tr

There is no manual deletion available to remove W32/FraudPack.QYS!tr because this is a trojan and hence, its files cannot be found out by the users. Even the antivirus does detect it many a times and it detected, are not able to get rid of the same as in your case. So, my suggestion to you is to format the system and install a new copy of the operating system that you are using.

If the McAfee antivirus is not helping you to remove W32/FraudPack.QYS!tr, then you can use the AVG antivirus in this situation. The reason is that this antivirus can help to delete the infections like trojans, worms and other virus. Thus, you have to first uninstall the current antivirus in your system and then, install AVG. After that, you will have to update its database and then, scan and delete all the infections from the system.

Inorder to remove W32/FraudPack.QYS!tr, it is required that you must enable a safe mode scanning in the system. For this purpose, you will get an option to get into the safe mode when the computer starts. This technique can help you because the infections are not able to execute in this particular mode. As a result, all the infections remain inactive too. So, the antivirus can delete them from the system easily.

I will advice you to install an anti-spyware in the system, that has the ability to monitor the activities that are going on within the system. So, it can find out the applications and programs that are causing malicious activities in the system. Accordingly, they will be eradicated from the system permanently. Spyware Doctor is a recommended anti-spyware. This method will therefore help you to remove W32/FraudPack.QYS!tr.

I suppose that you must do a system restore to remove W32/FraudPack.QYS!tr. This is better and recommended method than formatting because in the case of formatting, you have to totally change the operating system that you are using. In system restore, when you set the restore to the factory settings, all the installed components, along with the infections will be deleted from the system.