Thread: Setting up private proxy

Setting up private proxy

Hello ,
    Does anyone have some ideas and guideline for setting up a private proxy and how to manage it actually.commonly, I need to setup an ssh tunnel using putty which I can use remotely to browse the internet.

I seem to recall that in the past, I could just connect via putty, select a dynamic port and be off to the races.If you all have anything special I need would like to know.

Thanks

Setting up private proxy

A private proxy server is actually means, private. This is being used by only one user at a time in the constructed network. creating a proxy server private has different added advantages.

The first and very necessary thing is the speed of the data access. Free proxies, or public proxies, are mostly not being surfed by hundreds or thousands of user at the same time,it actually refers that using a public proxy server to surf the internet is as worst as if not worse than using a connected modem to surf the internet. The speed of the data retrieval is very low and they can somewhere stop surfing altogether.

Setting up private proxy

Setting up private proxy

If you have some another option and idea to use and implement the proxy server then you can do it with the help of squid and the ssh command within the Linux operating system.There are two most useful things are provided by the Linux to functioning with the network system.

You can install the squid and then make an ssh tunnel to it. And make sure to make squid as can not be accessed from the outside users means belonging to the out side of the network.

Setting up private proxy

There is another way to construct the private proxy in your network. if you are using the apache server facility with the network, move to the provided services for proxy. If you want to be sure it should be local only that will do the operation from the end of an ssh tunnel,You have to configure something as suggested in the proxy.conf

Code:
    <IfModule mod_proxy.c>
            ProxyRequests On
            <Proxy *>
                    Order deny,allow
                    Deny from all
                    Allow from 127.0.0.1
            </Proxy>

ProxyVia Block
             AllowCONNECT 443 
    </IfModule>

Setting up private proxy

You need to configure some other functionality from the client side to synchronize the communication between the serevr and client in the private proxy.
    Now come on the client side :

• Just configure the ssh to tunnel local port A to localhost:80 which is the server for localhost.
    • Tunnel local port B to localhost:443.
    • Configure the current using web browser proxy settings to detect the localhost port A.