Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Removal solution for Generic Dropper.rn

Networking & Security

Old 18-03-2010

Removal solution for Generic Dropper.rn

Hi everyone, I recently purchased Asus notebook which is running on Windows 7 Operating system. Last night I was surfing on the internet and suddenly my systems anti virus software program pop ups that your system get infected by Generic Dropper.rn virus. I have tried to tricks to remove this virus but I cannot able to remove this virus from my notebook. I want some great solution to remove this virus, please help me?

Old 18-03-2010

Re: Removal solution for Generic Dropper.rn

The types of files that are created by most of the droppers contain other Trojans (such as Downloaders to download still many files through the remote machine, BackDoors to offers the hacker remote access to the users computer as well as Dialers to modify the dial-up settings of the client's Internet connection, normally to a premium rate number.
Old 18-03-2010

These droppers are not a viruses, this as such do not themselves include any method to replicate. But they may themselves be downloaded by the some other viruses and/or Trojans to be downloaded on the clients machine. Most of these extra can be mass spammed by the author to attract people into executing them.
Old 18-03-2010

These droppers are drops two types of files on the affected machine:
  • %WinDir%\mssrvc\svchost.exe
  • %WinDir%\system32\mssrv32.exe
Old 18-03-2010

Inserts the given registry key to make sure it will be runs during the system reboot:
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit = "%WinDir%\system32\userinit.exe,%Temp%\filename.exe"

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,