Thread: eMachine m5310 does not detects wireless connection

eMachine m5310 does not detects wireless connection

I am facing a weird problem with eMachine which I am using. The eMachine is installed with Windows XP operating system. The internet connection is provided by the Beetel Wireless router. The problem is my eMachine m5310 does not detects wireless connection. Whenever I search for wireless network, it searches for all the networks and then shows that it is connected to one of the network, but I cant access the Internet on the desktop. I cannot figure out what exactly the problem, so if anybody has any suggestions about the issue, it would be really helpful.

Re: eMachine m5310 does not detects wireless connection

Check if the drivers for the network adapter are installed and working properly on the computer. All the devices which are connected to the computer, require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer so that the device works properly on the computer. Drivers act as a mediator between the device and the operating system. If the appropriate drivers are not installed then the device will not work properly. To check if the drivers are installed and working properly, right click on My computer and select device manager. Highlight the network adapter and see if there are any caution signs. If there are any caution signs then follow the troubleshooting procedure. If the troublehsooting does not help then try and update the drivers for the network adapter and see if the connection is established.

If the router is not configured properly then the device will not be able to access the router. Therefore I would suggest you to check the configuration of the router first before doing any further troubleshooting. Sometimes the configuration of the router changes when some device is added or removed from the network. If the configuration changes then the devices will not be able to access the router. To check the configuration of the router, login to the router and open the configuration page. Check if the router is properly configured. If there are any changes to be made, do it and then save the configuration. Reboot the router and see if the computer is able to connect to the router.

Scan the system with some updated antivirus as there is a high probability that the system is corrupted with some virus. Virus's have tendency to get linked with files of the operating system or with the applications which are used frequently. If the virus infects the files of the operating system then the user will face such problems. Therefore scan the system and check for all the files which are infected. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected and see if the computer is able to connect to the router. Do not delete any files as it may lead to operating system failure.

The network interface card is responsible for establishing and maintaining the connection to the network. If the network interface card of the computer is faulty then it would not be able to establish the connection with the router. All the Network interface cards have a software interface port configured which can be used for testing. To test the NIC, click on start menu and open Run. Now type "ping 127.0.0.1" in the tab and hit enter. Check if there are any data packet loss error in data sent and received. Ideally there should be no error. If there are any errors then the NIC is faulty and needs to be replaced.