Thread: What is spuninst.exe?

What is spuninst.exe?

Recently i have installed a windows vista on my computer to get the better graphics but unfortunately my anti virus software have detected spuninst.exe on this system. I do not what spuninst.exe is belonging to but i just want to remove it from my computer as avast anti virus is not working for the same. Can somebody tell me what is spuninst.exe?

Re: What is spuninst.exe?

Here is the LINK from where you cam download the latest version of Avast Anti Virus which is capable of not only detecting the viruses but also can remove them. Once you complete with the downloading this software, scan your whole vista system immediately so that it can remove all the viruses presented on your system.

Actually spuninst.exe is a process which is associated with the Microsoft Windows operating system. This process is used to uninstall the service packs installed on your vista operating system. Service packs includes any kind of hot fixes or new functions that have came for Microsoft Windows operating system.

As spuninst.exe is a windows system file and you are saying that it is infected then i think your whole vista operating system have got corrupted. If the copy from where you have installed this windows operating system would have been corrupted. You can download an another vista operating system to enjoy its graphics. There is nothing you can do with the system files as removing spuninst.exe can cause some major changes in your computer system.

You should never remove any system files of operating system as it will be resulting in the unsupported behavior of your windows operating system. spuninst.exe is also a windows operating system file and windows does need it for several functionalities. This process is being used for uninstalling the windows service packs so if this file will not be there then you will not be able to uninstall any of the service packs and it might happen that your service packs does not works.