Thread: Method to remove Trojan.Fakealert.4952

Method to remove Trojan.Fakealert.4952

I am using Windows Vista operating system and my browser is Opera 10. I want to know about the method to remove Trojan.Fakealert.4952. This infection has detected in my computer by the Avira antivirus, that I am using currently. The main issue is that I am not able to get rid of the same from the antivirus interface. So, kindly help me with some suitable solutions.

Re: Method to remove Trojan.Fakealert.4952

I think that the problem that you are not able to remove Trojan.Fakealert.4952 is because of the antivirus that you are using. This is because I am not pretty sure that the Avira antivirus has the ability to get rid of such infections. So, I suggest you to use Avast antivirus, the provides the feature of boot scan, which actually takes place before the operating system loads into the computer.

The recommended method to remove Trojan.Fakealert.4952 is to install an anti-spyware in the system because this infection, that has entered your system is a spyware. When you install a recommended anti-spyware like Spyware Doctor, it will check for the activities of the applications and programs running in the system by staying in the background of the system. Thus, all the malwares will be eradicated from the system.

The main symptoms of Trojan.Fakealert.4952 are as follows:
    1. Fake system alert and update messages are displayed.
    2. Balloon messages are displayed frequently.
    3. RegistryCleaner confirmation message box is also displayed.

Thus, the infection mainly causes some irritating messages to be displayed. The only method to remove Trojan.Fakealert.4952 is to format the computer and install a new copy of Windows in it.

It seems that the database of the antivirus that you are using is not updated. This is the main cause that you are not able to get rid of Trojan.Fakealert.4952 from the antivirus interface. One has to remember that even if the best antivirus is used, without updating the same, there is no use of it. Hence, the method to remove Trojan.Fakealert.4952 is to update the antivirus and then scan and delete all the infections that are detected.

I think that the Trojan.Fakealert.4952 has taken over the antivirus because of which the antivirus hangs while you are trying to delete the same. This happens because the infections like trojans modify the registry settings of the components of the system, thus taking control over them. You will have to uninstall the antivirus and then, reinstall the same. After that, you have to update it as mentioned in the above post and then, try deleting the threat.