Thread: Computer can be infected with WM /PESAN.A

Computer can be infected with WM /PESAN.A

My computer can be infected with WM /PESAN.A. I can found many files that can be infected with the WM /PESAN.A on my compute. So, I can searched for the WM /PESAN.A on the internet and at that time I can came to know that it can be s a virus. I could not understand why Escan antivirus, that I am using in my computer could not alert me about this virus. I scanned my whole system, but still it displays no infections in my computer. So, I am totally confused with how to remove this virus. I am using Windows XP operating system.
    Last edited by D-Mon; 17-03-2010 at 09:34 PM.

Re: Computer can be infected with WM /PESAN.A

The WM /PESAN.A virus can replicate by infecting the Word Documents in Microsoft WORD Versions 6.x / 7.x on Windows and Macintosh platforms. The WM /PESAN.A virus can contains of these macros :
    AUTOOPEN, COPYOFFILESAVE, COPYOFFILESAVEAS, COPYOFFILEEXIT, NORMALAUTO, TOOLSMACRO
    in an corrupted document. Their names can be modified to as : COPYOFAUTOOPEN, FILESAVE, FILESAVEAS, FILEEXIT, AUTOEXEC, TOOLSMACRO
    in Word's Global Template NORMAL.DOT. The virus becomes active by using Auto- and SystemMacros. All macros can be encrypted using the standard Word execute-only feature. Meaning that the user can unable to edit or view the macro code.

According to me I think your Windows Xp can be corrupted due to the virus WM /PESAN.A. So, I suggest you that to format your computer system with the Genuine copy of the Windows Xp. After formatting the system reinstall your Windows xp and all the software's that can be required for your system and also install the Anti-Virus. You can noticed that the WM /PESAN.A virus can be removed from your system.

I recommended that you had to try by booting up your computer system into the Safe Mode option. To boot into the Safe Mode continuously press the function F8 key immediately just after pressing the restart button. After booting into the Safe Mode try to delete or delete the files that can be infected by the WM /PESAN.A virus. I think this information can works for you to delete the WM /PESAN.A virus from you system.

To remove this virus WM /PESAN.A, you can simply required to load the Microsoft Security Essential on your computer system. Copy the disk drive data to a particular folder then scan your whole system including the newly created folder after this and remove or delete the folders. This will certainly help you to remove the viruses and now you can move the data to the pen drive again.

I recommended you that to use Quick Heal antivirus to boot scan the computer since it is infected with WM /PESAN.A. This feature of boot scan is not available in Escan. This scan will be enabled as soon as you install Quick Heal. The laptop will get restarted and the scan will take place even before Windows can load. So, the virus will remain inactive during such a scan. The boot scan is a recommended method for the removal of all types of infections. I use the same in my system to prevent infections from affecting my system.