Thread: Unable to remove desktop.ini and recycler from computer

Unable to remove desktop.ini and recycler from computer

Hi friends,
    My computer has a problem of virus which runs on windows XP and has a Avast antivirus. I have been getting "desktop.ini" and "recycler" virus in my computer from a long time. I have scanned my computer for several times with avast antivirus but nothing happened. These viruses are unable to detect by avast antivirus and i cannot delete them. Please help me in removing this virus from my computer.

Re: Unable to remove desktop.ini and recycler from computer

I think you need to update your avast antivirus in your computer and then try to scan your computer. If there are virus problem in the computer then it is important to have updated antivirus in order to remove them. Updating an antivirus means you are updating the new definitions for the new viruses in your computer by which it make easy to detect and delete them. So it is important to update antivirus in regular interval of time.

The better way of removing these viruses from your computer is to search for the related files from the computer and then you can delete them by selecting them. In order to do this you need to go to the search option which is available in the windows menu, from there just type the file name which you wan to delete, after finding them you can delete them by the delete option. After that just restart your computer and then scan your system to completely remove this virus file.

I think these files are not harmfl for the comouter because it contains all the informations about the system. The recycler contains all the information of the recycle bin and all other data which are responsible restoring the data and the desktop.ini it contains the information for the folders i.e system restore points. So i think you have got the point of these two files which you feel that these are the viruses.

If the avast antvirus is not helping you to detect and delete these two files then you need to download and install AVG antivirus on your system which is a great antivirus which can help you to delete these two files from the computer. I use this antivirus which helps me to delete viruses which affectsmy computer and there are certain other reasons by which this antivirus provides the best and easy method to remove virus.