Thread: Tips to avoid virus on wireless network

Tips to avoid virus on wireless network

Wireless network are quickly spreading in most of the areas. There now almost everything is wireless. I had applied for wireless broadband internet connection. Everything works well but I seen the my receive data is quiet high even though I am not downloading anything. How should I avoid this. I need some tips on securing my wireless network.

Re: Tips to avoid virus on wireless network

There are also sanctuary difficulties with wireless technology itself. contemporary wireless protocols like WPA are additional protected, and there are conduct to get better the essential level of sanctuary, on the other hand a lot of people are still using WEP and several are using 64 bit or 128 bit WEP which is rather simple to crack, so if you are using something like this, do not be so astonished if someone control to crack within your network.

A group of wireless networks are using the evasion arrangements, or an immediate (ad-hoc) arrangement, which means that these networks are extensively open so anybody can attach. One of the most current hobbies for a group of people is the so called war driving, carry out by people with laptops and elevated gain antennas, driving in car near different office buildings and locating insecure wireless networks where they can hack in. There are abundance of such misconfigured wireless networks that they can simply get into.

If you are setting up your individual home or office wireless network, here are a small number of sanctuary tips that you might desire to keep in mind. It would be most excellent to utilize WPA as an alternative of WEP for the reason that WPA is extra protected. If you utilize WEP, try using 256 bits if obtainable. The 128 bits is crackable, and 64 bits can be cracked in proceedings. Make certain that you put out of action the SSID transmit - if you keep it facilitated, it is approximately like telling everybody that you have a wireless network and attractive them to have a attempt at it.

Place your transmitter in such a method to reduce the variety where people can attach to your network from outside. Utilize very long passphrases - the longer you utilize the superior will be your wireless network sanctuary. Utilize whatever additional prevention measures are obtainable. One of the things you be supposed to do is to facilitate MAC right of entry control. Even though MAC can be spoofed, it is a supplementary sanctuary measure that can prevent you from lots of attempts to break into your network.

If your network has only a diminutive series of 11g companionable devices, you might desire to put out of action 11b method on your right of entry point, as this one will travel on much bigger distance than 11g. Always modify the evasion right of entry point usernames and password. Hackers actually know them. Make certain encryption (WPA or WEP) is essentially turned on. You have to modify the evasion SSID to something dissimilar, as an evasion SSID will tell the attackers that your network might not be correctly protected and they will feel invited to give it a try. Utilize static IP address assignment to all systems within your network and set up firewall routers for them. Put out of action the DHCP.