Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Need Fiber optic network troubleshooting

Networking & Security

Old 17-03-2010

Hi all,

My network is connected through the fiber optic. Recently i found that the optical transceiver port (FX) light does not shine, I make sure whether the cross-linked fiber link? Can any body suggest me how troubleshoot Fiber optic network. Thanks in advance.

Old 17-03-2010

Re: Need Fiber optic network troubleshooting

You need to check fiber Optic Jumper 1 is connected in parallel; the other end is a cross-connected-b, such as the A transceiver optical port (FX) indicator light, B light transceiver port (FX) indicator light does not shine, then the transceiver-side down on the A: One possibility is: A transceiver (TX) optical transmitter I have been so bad, because B transceiver optical port (RX) not receiving optical signals; Another possibility is: A transceiver (TX) to send the mouth of this optical fiber link problems (cable or light jumper may be broken). Check and reply.
Old 17-03-2010

Some transceiver has two RJ45 ports: (To HUB) that connect exchange machine connection line is a direct line; (To Node), said connection Exchange machine connection line is a cross-line; and some hair side of a MPR switch: switches that connect the connection line is a straight-line; DTE switch: connect the switch connection line is the cross-line. Check sometime optical fiber jumper has broken. All the best.
Old 17-03-2010

The laser flashlight, sunlight, light-emitting body facing the cable connector or coupling of a ray; in the other end to see if there is visible light. If visible light, indicates that the cable is not broken. Sometime optical fiber connections off detection: The laser flashlight, sunlight, etc. The one opposite the fiber optic jumper ray; in the other end to see if there is visible light? If visible light, indicates that there is no fiber jumper off. Best of luck.
Old 17-03-2010

Re: Need Fiber optic network troubleshooting

You need to use optical power meter instrumentation. Optical transceiver or optical modules under normal circumstances, the luminous power: Multi-mode:-10db - 18db between; single-mode 20 km:-8db - 15db between; single-mode 60 km:-5db - 12db between the ; if the light-emitting optical transceiver power on:-30db - 45db between, then the transceiver can determine the problem. All the best.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,