Thread: How to delete the virus W32 /Pesin.worm.gen

How to delete the virus W32 /Pesin.worm.gen

I am working in the marketing company. I can have to chat or communicate with the customers through the Internet. Yesterday, while communicating with of our customer, I can found that my computer can be infected by the W32 /Pesin.worm.gen virus. So, I would like to know about the virus W32 /Pesin.worm.gen. I would also like to know about the how could I able to delete the virus W32 /Pesin.worm.gen from my machine. Reply Me!!!

Re: How to delete the virus W32 /Pesin.worm.gen

I have downloaded Kaspersky anti virus. I then scanned my system using Kaspersky. It detected a threat as: W32 /Pesin.worm.gen. I selected the delete action. I then again restarted my computer and Kaspersky again generated the same alert message. I guess this is just an alias for W32 /Pesin.worm.gen detected by McAfee. So is there any other method to delete this trojan and some effective anti virus?

I guess your Anti-Virus database can be out of date that's why your anti-Virus can not be able to delete the W32 /Pesin.worm.gen virus from your machine. So, I suggest you that first can update your Anti-Virus database as early as possible. After updating the database of your Anti-Virus scan your whole machine and set your Anti-Virus settings to automatically delete the viruses which can be detected on your machine.

The W32 /Pesin.worm.gen detection can be for a family of worms that can be written in the Borland Delhi, that can increased by copying itself to floppies and network shares. Because that detection can covers multiple variants, details such as file names that can be used to infect may vary slightly, so that description can be meant as a general guide. When execute on the users machine then the worm can loads itself into the System directory as Systask.exe.

Whenever the W32 /Pesin.worm.gen virus can be executed on the users computer the worm can installs by itself into the System directory folder as Systask.exe. The following Registry key can also be added to hook system start up :
    1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Run"LoadService" = %SysDir%\SysTask.exe /Run

The worm can also copies by itself as My Heart.exe in the "My Documents" folder.

I suggest you that you can uninstall your existing Anti-Virus from your computer system completely and install the Anti-Virus from the one of the following list of the Anti-Viruses. They can be as follows :
    1. Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
    2. McAfee 2010
    3. Avast 2010
    4. Quick Heal 2010
    5. Norton 2010
    6. AVG 2010