Thread: Does extra services in Windows are threat

Does extra services in Windows are threat

I had seen that in task manager there are various services running when the computer starts up. There is no problem with this but I want to know that does this services can cause virus issues. As they are associated with some port then virus can enter my PC through them. Which services of windows can I stop and so it will does not cause any issue in my computer. Does there is any software for that.

Re: Does extra services in Windows are threat

If you use the default settings of windows network than that remains very reliable. It often deals with multiple networking threats like virus, pop-ups, Trojans, root-kits, spam, etc. Here you can use those settings and keep your firewall on. You can also implement any third party software which can help you to keeps this things always. Disabling windows necessary services can also work.

Here I am proving you some services which you can manually turned on or off. They are the session manager which is using the Remote Desktop, among then auto update is also not needed, System Event Notification, Help and Support can also be manually stopped, TCP / IP NetBIOS, there are other more services that you can disable.

There are multiple not needed services which can be turned off. This reduces the security threats. You can can stop them msconfig. Just trun off Net Logon, Desktop, Sharing NetMeeting Remote, Routing and Remote Access, SSDP Discovery Service, Report Service Error, Terminal Server Service, Telnet and Web Client. This services aer normally not needed.

That is right that there are many services in windows which are assiciated to port. You can make them off. I am listing here some services which needs manual configuration. COM + System Application, Network Connection, Network DDE, Protected Storage, Computer Browser, Provider support NT LM Security, Event Log, Locator, Remote Procedure Call (RPC), MS Software Shadow Copy Provider, NLA (Network Location Awareness), QoS RSVP, Gateway Service Application Layer, System COM + Event, Windows Installer, etc.

Windows Worms Doors can see at a glance if the ports used by worms most common are open or not on your machine, and close them with one click. Run it and disable DCOM and deactivating UNPNP. Another thing BugOff is utility for fixing some bugs Windows and / or Internet Explorer to prevent some malware to infiltrate. I will recommend you to better switch to a nice antivirus.