Thread: what is ckconfig.exe?

what is ckconfig.exe?

Hello, I have found one exe file in my task manager. I do not know this process belongs to which software and why it is always running in my task manager. I have scanned my whole computer for some around 5 times but even my anti virus software have not detected this file, so it might happen that my software will not be able to catch this process as a malicious process. Can anybody tell me what is ckconfig.exe?

Re: what is ckconfig.exe?

Do not worry as ckconfig.exe is not a malicious process and it is not going to harm your computer. If you want to remove this process then you may delete from the task manager as it is not going to affect your computer. And even if any program get affected by the removal of this process then you may create it again from the task manager. You just need to know the exact name of the process.

Actually CKCONFIG.EXE would be the process running for the software which you may have installed some time which has a program like ckconfig.exe which is usually serviced by the CrypKey drivers. That software could be anything which i can not assure you the name of that software. But you do not have to worry about it at all as this process does not harm your computer system.

If you do not know that the process running in the task manager belongs to which program then you must use the Windows Defender. By using the Windows Defender you can know the publisher of any processes that are running in your computer. If this process would be running in your computer then there would be the publisher for this also from which you can at least judge the software which has been made by those publisher.

It might happen that the process about which you are talking here would be an infected one but only if the program which runs this process have been infected. Because till date ckconfig.exe have never detected as an infected process so you may check it by scanning your computer online by which you would also come to know that your anti virus software is not going wrong anywhere.