Thread: How to remove Dot1XCfg.exe error

How to remove Dot1XCfg.exe error

I am using a custom deskop running smoothly with windows 7. My system is running some processes which i do not think as it is required. A process named as Dot1xcfg .exe is running in the background. Please tell me how to remove Dot1xcfg .exe. Also try to explain this in some more details. I would appreciate your help in this matter.

Re: How to remove Dot1XCfg.exe error

The dot1xcfg.exe process is a part of Intel PRO/Wireless Network Connection Software. Although this program or process is important for the wireless network. But i think that you can disable this process if you are not using the wireless network computer on your system. This will help you though.

To be more precise in this matter this file is identified as an undesirable process which may be running in the background on your system. It also consists of a program which are harmful to your system. If the description states that it is a malware than you should try to run an antivirus and antispyware program.

This Dot1XCfg.exe is located in the program file within the C: drive . It takes around 479,230 bytes , You cannot view this program although it is not a windows core file. This program can be uninstalled from the control panel. However this is somewhat dangerous program and can harm your system.

Thanks for all those replies since all of you have mentioned that this file is associated to the windows network connection but let me tell you i am not using the windows network connection on my system so in order to avoid the harmful effects of this i would like to know the method to remove the Dot1XCfg.exe error

Re: Method to remove Dot1XCfg.exe error

Follow the steps which i have mentioned below in order to remove Dot1XCfg.exe error

• Open the control panel and select Administrative tools and click Services.
    • Now the Services management console window will open, Check for the services associated to dot1xcfg.
    • After finding the correct service Right click and select properties.
    • Check Path to Executable on the General tab of the properties dialog box. If the path mentioned is similar to C:\PROGRA~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\Dot1XCfg.exe in, you have found the correct service.
    • Select Stop to change the service status to Stopped.
    • Now in the Startup Type list select Disabled.
    • Finally apply and save the settings and the process will be disabled.