Thread: Removing Trojan.FakeAV.BXB Virus

Removing Trojan.FakeAV.BXB Virus

I am using a windows 7 system which is infected with Trojan.FakeAV.BXB virus i have installed the Micorsoft Security Essential. But it is not proved to be effective in deleting this Trojan.FakeAV.BXB. So i want to remove this Trojan.FakeAV.BXB threat. This virus had affected my system very badly. help me please.

Re: Removing Trojan.FakeAV.BXB Virus

The Microsoft security essential is definitely a very good antivirus application software. I am not aware why it is not capable of deleting the virus or the Trojan which you have mentioned in your query. I think it is because you have not updated the virus definition of your system prior scanning it.

Thanks for the reply friend i had updated the virus definition prior to that scan. Even i repeated it after your suggestion and again scanning resulted in to the same. the virus is still present on my system. I want to know a method to eliminate this virus as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.

This is a very bad and infectious antivirus and i would definitely want to help you in order to get rid of this virus. This virus usually tries to infect all your executable files. If the microsoft security essential is not working in your case then i would advise you to install the Malwarebytes antimalware on your system.

As far as i am aware of this virus you can get rid of this virus by simply eliminating the registry keys which i have mentioned below from the registry editor

1. HKLM\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\IEXPLORE.EXE\shell\open\command
    2. Profile-name\Local Settings\Application Data\av.exe" /START "%Program Files%\Internet

Try using the Avg Antivirus professional build for removing this virus from your system. This is a very powerful antivirus application which will definitely help you to remove the above mentioned antivirus. It is also available freely use the link which i had given at the end of this reply Avg Antivirus professional build