Thread: How to use free PRTG Network Monitor

How to use free PRTG Network Monitor

Hi all,

PRTG Traffic Grapher developed a simple and intuitive Windows Program that can monitor Network Communications and can, through SNMP, Netflow, and the data obtained by other methods to achieve graphical representation. Paessler company also provides another one known as the Network Monitor Software. It can monitor the local computer network and performance, but also can monitor the entire enterprise network performance. I decided to look at the Network Monitor helpful to monitor the local Windows Computer and the local network, so I decided to try it that this version 7.0. I want to know that the installation procedure and use of the free PRTG Network Monitor. How it can check the Windows network problems. Please help.

Paessler is a German company whose main product is PRTG. The company has two versions of PRTG, First, Network Monitor, Second Traffic Grapher. The two products have the free version and commercial version. The free version is limited to 10 sensors. Network Monitor provides the following three main functions or features, one to monitor bandwidth, utilization, uptime, availability, and second, reporting and audit functions and third one is a Web interface. Check and reply.

Network Monitor can report the network connection is to meet the Service Level Agreement, You can use SNMP, ping, WMI and other Windows devices to monitor. For non-Windows devices, the user can use packet sniffing, NetFlow (for Cisco equipment,), SMTP (for e-mailServers href , HTTP (for WebServers), There are many other types of monitoring technology. All the best.

We can choose to install the core server or remote detection. If the installation is not the long-range detection, you can select the core server. Then choose to use the free version. PRTG Network Monitor will be installed in a Web server or database. You may want to select a user name, password, the administrator e-mail address, PRTG Web server running on IP and a port number. You can give the server a name. Here I choose to install it to the local host interface, and use the 81 port. Then, it started PRTG. All the best.

I use the browser, according to the installation process to set the IP address and port number to log on to PRTG Network Monitor. I to do first and foremost thing is to Network add a device to PRTG. The easiest way is to use automatic discovery (Auto Discovery) feature. PRTG found a writer on the network equipment and started to collect statistics. According to the different device type, you may need to do some extra work to provide management interface for the user name and password in order to obtain more specific information, but also provide more specific critical data. Check and reply.

I resolve Windows network problems with the help of PRTG Network Monitor. As a network administrator, i monitor all of these aspects, either remotely or locally, because no matter what aspects of tight, my entire network infrastructure will be subjected to the local system or network performance degradation. On one occasion, a network performance with Windows administrators to talk about the issue and found that i actually did not use any network performance tools. You know, Windows built-in performance monitoring tools and can not do this task. all the best.