Thread: HTool-Pipecmd Virus Infection

HTool-Pipecmd Virus Infection

Hello, I am having Windows xp operating system installed on my computer and while working on internet, due to one setup file my computer got infected by the virus having name as HTool-Pipecmd. I have tried to remove this virus from my computer with the help of Norton Internet Security 2010, but it is not providing me any type of solution. If you are having any solution from which I can able to remove this file then please help me to achieve it.

Re: HTool-Pipecmd Virus Infection

Hello, you must need to make use of the any of the following Antivirus application and by making use of it you can achieve the solution for your virus infection:
    • AOL Active Virus Shield
    • Avast! Home Edition
    • AVG Anti-Virus
    • BitDefender
    • F-Secure
    • Kaspersky Anti-Virus
    • McAfee VirusScan
    • Quick Heal AntiVirus

Hello, I would suggest you to simply update your antivirus application and then you will able to get the solution for your problem. If you update your antivirus application then you will able to delete the virus infected file from your computer. If you update then you antivirus database gets updated and after that it will able to remove the new virus from your computer. So, It is needed to first update your antivirus.

Hi, If you are not able to remove the virus from your computer with the help of the Norton Internet Security 2010 then you must need to use the Avast Home Edition on your computer. If you use the Avast Home Edition on your computer then it will provide your following features:
    • Antivirus and anti-spyware engine
    • New avast! Intelligent Scanner
    • New Silent/Gaming Mode
    • New Behavior Shield
    • Real time anti-rootkit protection
    • Smart virus updates
    • avast! Community IQ
    • Behavioral Honeypots
    • Green computing
    • avast! iTrack
    • File System / Mail Shield
    • Web Shield
    • IM / P2P Shield
    • Network Shield

Hello, I would suggest you to use the safe mode for scanning your computer. If you scan your computer in the Safe mode then it will provide you more useful work. As at the time of the safe mode your system uses less amount of the system files and system resources. So, at the safe mode you will able to remove the virus infected files from your computer. So just make use of the F8 key and simply remove the virus infected file from your computer.

Hello, it may be possible that your computers system files are used by the virus and that is why your antivirus is not able to remove the virus file from your computer. So, if you want to remove all of the virus infected files then you must need to use the formatting option. If you format your computer then you can simply remove all of the virus infected files. So, just reinstall the operating system and solve the problem.