Thread: How to remove Trojan.FakeAv.QF

How to remove Trojan.FakeAv.QF

I ma getting a pop-up alert every now and then because it seems as my system is infected with the Trojan.FakeAv.QF virus. i have installed the quick heal antivirus on my system but it is not able to detect the virus present on my system. please tell me how to remove this Trojan.FakeAv.QF virus.
    Last edited by Carmine; 11-03-2010 at 08:48 PM.

Re: how to remove Trojan.FakeAv.QF

Your antivirus might have been proved ineffective because the antivirus application which you have might not have been updated. Try to update the virus definition of the quick heal antivirus program and then try to scan the system using the quickheal antivirus. This should detect and remvove the virus.

It appears as you have installed a bad antivirus application since i have my self faced this problem and when i installed the quick heal antivirus application it appeared to me as the system is dead since it started taking a very long time to start only around 20 minutes so i uninstalled quick heal antivirus application.

The quickheal antivirus is not good if you have installed the trial version . since the trial version of the quickheal antivirus only detects the virus present on your system and then does nothing after some time it even causes your system to run slowly. Try to use the AVG 9 Free Edition Antivirus

Thanks for the replies friends since you all have suggested me to remove that quick heal antivirus. Some of the symptoms of the quickheal antivirus have started appearing on my system too. since it started taking a much longer time than it use to take before for booting so i removed this. please suggest me a different but effective antivirus application

Try using the eScan Anti-Virus 10 since it is very effective in deleting the threats which your system may detect also i would recommend you to install it soon in order to avoid further corruption of data dowbnload this eScan Anti-Virus 10 from the link provided below and use it to remove the infection. http://www.techarena.in/download/ant...anti-virus.htm