Thread: Want to delete Win32.HLLW.Lioten.A

Want to delete Win32.HLLW.Lioten.A

I am using an acer aspire laptop running with the windows XP operating system. Recently i downloaded a tiny little application which really infected and affected my system very badly. i would like to get rid of this Win32.HLLW.Lioten.A virus as soon as possible. Provide some information regarding this virus. I would be very thankful to you.

Re: Want to delete Win32.HLLW.Lioten.A

If you want to confirm whether this virus has infected your system or not then i would recommend you to check for the File iraq_oil.exe in C:\WinNT\System32 or simply search for the iraq_oil.exe in the c:/ directory will clearly indicate the presence of this virus on your system try to eliminate it at your earliest.

To remove this virus from the system i would recommend you to download and install the malwarebytes antimalware on your system this will surely remove this Win32.HLLW.Lioten.A virus. This is a typical virus which infects windows earlier versions only like windows XP ,windows 2000, NT and server.

As per your recomendations i searched the iraq_oil.exe in the c directory and certainluy it was detected so i downloaded the malwarebytes antimalware on my system and then installed it. But when i tried to remove the virus using the malwarebytes antimalware i was not able to do so. please suggest a different way to remove this.

If you are not able to remove this threat using the malwarebytes antimalware try to follow the steps which i have mentioned below:

* Go to the location C:\WinNT\System32\ and then find the 'iraq_oil.exe' file
    * Delete the iraq_oil.exe file fro your system.
    * Finally reboot the machine and the virus is fixed.

The best possible solution to remove this virus is to delete the virus using the BitDefender Total Security 2010. The BitDefender Total Security 2010 is a very good and powerful virus removal tool which will help you to remove this virus use the link which i have provided you for downloading Bitdefender
    http://www.techarena.in/download/ant...l-security.htm